The way I read it (and I have some experience in this area):

If you sell on price alone (or stress price) your product will be
perceived to be worth less.

If that's what you are selling (price) then that's what I will be
tempted to bargain (haggle).

Once you start down that path, the natural tendency is to keep lowering
the price.

For example, you can get a lot of PC for the price of $600-$700, but:

   is that all you have to sell, price?

   what's it worth?

   can I get it for less?

   does anybody make any money at these prices?

I think the original poster was telling Vince that he should be selling
BlueDragon on it's capabilities, and, oh, by the way, it costs less
money.

    Selling More for less as opposed  to Less (perceived) for less

Dick