You might want to check your CDATA and CGLOBAL tables and make sure you
don't have a ton of records in there.  It has been my experience that the
CDATA and CGLOBAL tables DO NOT get purged like they're supposed to.  For
example, if you tell the CF Administrator to clear records older than 3 days
it simply doesn't happen.  I've experienced this problem in CF5 and CFMX.
In fact, just the other day a client of mine (who had it set to clear
records older than 3 days) discovered over 2.8 million records in each
table!

Anyway... long story short... I think what happened is that you get too many
records in there, and CFMX goes to assign a CFID and CFTOKEN to a new
user... but unfortunately picks a number that's already in the database.
That's why you get the error you describe below.

The way to fix this problem is to write your own template to purge the
records from the CDATA and CGLOBAL table and then set it up in CFSCHEDULER.
Also, as a side note... it's A LOT easier to do a "TRUNCATE TABLE CDATA" and
"TRUNCATE TABLE CGLOBAL" at about 3am every night.

Truncating the table every night will solve your problem... but it will also
wipe your CDATA and CGLOBAL tables out every night.  Something to keep in
mind depending on how you're using your client variables.

-Novak