I am not sure, I am waiting on WebGuy's solution.....

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Wilhelm [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 14 January 2003 14:25
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: How to handle Calendar Scheduling of Recurring Events?

Rick:

One way I did it in a previous application was to have the person select
the duration of the event...If it was a single day event, the start date
& end date were the same in the DB.

Then, in the field below, I would ask what days it occurs on (ie.
Monday, Tuesday, etc.)  The values for each check box were the numerical
values of the day of the week.

Then, when the calendar processes, it checks each day that it's
displaying if there are any events...It would then find that all those
days there might be something to display.  Then check to be sure that
the current day it's processing is selected for weekdays.

Let's say the event went from 1/6/03 to 1/13/03 and the user select
M,W,F.  The way I had the calendar setup was that for each day it would
search the database...So for 1/1, call to the db & check for events,
1/2, call to the db & check for events, etc.  Once it got to 1/6, it
would see that there's an event that it might be able to display...Then
it checks the weekday values and sees that the 6th is a Monday and falls
within what the user defined...Then onto 1/7...it would then find that
it does fall within the time span, but Tuesday's not listed...And so
on...

Did I confuse anyone?

If there's a better way to do this, I'd love to hear....

HTH,

Scott