Not books, but here are some great blogs for more tangible learning.
Books have to stay pretty theorhetical since the technology and
prevailing "in" style of the web are changing so much. You can pretty much
follow the links on these three to most of the UI resources on the
web.

http://www.zeldman.com/
http://scottandrew.com/
http://diveintomark.org/

--
 jon
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Monday, January 20, 2003, 10:00:10 AM, you wrote:
BS> Sorry for the off-topic post.
BS> I have been doing back-end programming for quite a while, and now I would like to
get into actual design. Creating the UI. I have been in B&N quite often, and have
looked at several books, but I
BS> was wondering if anyone on the list could point me to some good ones that will
actually teach me something. I am a beginner at UI design really. I have dabbled in
Fireworks, PhotoShop and Flash,
BS> but I want to get serious about this. I feel that if I can get the UI part down,
and I have the back-end programming experience, it will make me a more well rounded
developer overall (not to