On dropping 1 or 2 border sides -I use the following code -
Notice border-width has 4 properties top, right, bottom, left are what
they control -

I use it on one of my sites where I need to tables that butt against
each other to have the same center border with - I removed the right
border on left- and did full borders on right -

.Quad1 {
    height: 318px;
    width: 355px;
    background-color: #CCCCCC;
    border: 1px solid #CCC;
    margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
    z-index:1;
    padding: 0px;
    border-width : 1px 0px 1px 1px;
}

jay miller

Joshua Miller wrote:

Not sure if you can make just the left border show ... You can do

something like:

style.border:1px solid;

style.border-color:white white white red;

Those colors relate to: [top] [right] [bottom] [left]

You may be able to do a left-border only, I don't have my CSS book handy

right this second.

You could try:

border-left:1px solid;

border-color-left:red;

That might do it.

Joshua Miller

Head Programmer / IT Manager

Garrison Enterprises Inc.

www.garrisonenterprises.net <http://www.garrisonenterprises.net>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

(704) 569-9044 ext. 254

*************

except where the sender states them to be the views of

Garrison Enterprises Inc.

This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is

addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If

you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any

dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you

have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and

advise us by return e-mail to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>