From: Sean A Corfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: (OT) Lindows was (commercial distributions of Linux)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:40:20 -0800

On Sunday, Feb 16, 2003, at 06:35 US/Pacific, Peter Bagnato wrote:
 > LINUX will never survive if there is not a larger software base for it.

IMO, that would depend on whether it's sweet spot is considered the
server market or the desktop market. I think it's a perfectly viable
server O/S already and needs no commercialization there.

I think it's interesting that the Lindows site *sells* software that
you can easily download for free but this is not new in the free
software world...

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood