I just installed IIS5 and CF4.5.1 on my W2K Server box because I needed to
do some ASP(YUCK!) developement... Our current live server WNT4 IIS4 CF4.0.1
has some existing asp apps and I wanted to make sure that MDAC wasn't broken
for asp apps like it usually gets broken after installing CF...
Weeeeellllllllll, I downloaded the asp apps, databases and all, set up the
datasources and once again the asp apps won't work... So I did a quick test
with CF to see if I was able to access the databases and I could. So going
by past occurances I assumed I can just install MDAC 2.5 and then I will be
good to go, right? However W2K or some other app has already installed MDAC
2.5 and it will not let me reinstall it... The ASP apps work fine on the
live box so I am assuming this is the problem..
Is there any way I can force it to install MDAC? If this was Linux I would
have no problem forcing an install.
Microsofts MDAC site is no help they say:
1. Use your backup image and restore the settings... (Not an option, this is
my personal developement computer)
2. Reformat your hard drive and reinstall everything..  (You gotta be
kidding, right?)

Thanks for any recomendations,
Brian Silvers