Having been in Data Processing for over 23 years, I have found that
certification programs are basically a  management CYA.  Generally if  the
project manager (or other person doing the hiring) was not technical he
would use a certification as his first level (and probably only) level of
screening. If the person did not work out, you could not blame the manager
... after all the person was "Certified".

Just a MS certification is becoming a "screening tool"  and also a  easy
revenue generator for MS at 100 dollars a pop, so Has Allaire followed
suit. For contract work I guess I will just have to buckle down and
Memorize some tags.

Hank West
eDataShare
[EMAIL PROTECTED]