From: Vince Bonfanti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 9:03 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFC Expert Group?

I've seen several discussions, all of which have the same general theme:
"Here's what's wrong with CFCs". The most recent is the "FBX3 AND CFMX"
thread on this list. Why not borrow an idea from the way Sun creates Java
specifications and form a "CFC Expert Group" to write the specification for
the next version of CFC?

Basically all you need is a mailing list and a couple of people who are
knowledgeable and interested enough to write and review a specification
document. Vendor participation helps; I'm willing to participate in such a
group, and I'll bet that Sean Corfield would too. The leader of the group
should probably not be affiliated with Macromedia or New Atlanta to insure
vendor neutrality. I'm sure Michael Dinowitz would be happy to provide a
separate mailing list for this purpose.

The efforts of this group would not be wasted because I'll commit that if a
CFC Expert Group is formed and produces a reasonable consensus on a final
specification, then New Atlanta will implement that specification in the
next major release of BlueDragon after the final specification is published.

So, is anyone interested in taking the lead in forming a CFC Expert Group?

Vince Bonfanti
New Atlanta Communications, LLC
http://www.newatlanta.com