Keith:

That's a question really about what sort of rules you want to enforce.  You
can reset it every time they log in, or not.  I would say reset it.

Here's what the docs say about exspires: Optional. Schedules the expiration
of a cookie variable. Can be specified as a date (as in, 10/09/97), number
of days (as in, 10, 100), "Now", or "Never". Using Now effectively deletes
the cookie from the client browser.

H.