I think that has more to do with the size of the community. There are just
more PHP coders around, likely largely due to the fact that free versions of
CF Server for development are such a recent thing. I think we'll catch up
with the PHP crowd at some point. And those of us with the time and ability
I think are contributing to the OS community with CF code, but I really
don't see the availability of OS code as a selling point for a technology
anyway. I still have an OS project in my sig file. :)

s. isaac dealey                954-776-0046

new epoch                      http://www.turnkey.to

lead architect, tapestry cms   http://products.turnkey.to

tapestry api is opensource     http://www.turnkey.to/tapi

certified advanced coldfusion 5 developer
http://www.macromedia.com/v1/handlers/index.cfm?ID=21816