Are you in a position where the ie clients have activex enabled and
will trust the site, and what kind of file are you creating?

CF has no ability to interact with the client file system, but you
could use some client side jscript/vbscript and the
System.FileSyetemObject, or something like SoftArtisans XFile control
which has this capability. Just as a warning, in the past their
controls have been scriptable only with vbscript. I'm not a vbscript
master (oxymoron? <g>) but I had no trouble with it.

http://fileup.softartisans.com/default.aspx?PageID=122

--
 jon
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]