Well, the only way to driectly interact with the client's file system
from a browser is going to be ActiveX/.Net, or a java applet.

How about sending the file as a file type that opens by default in
this guys program though? Just like acrobat will open if you click on
a pdf, or winamp opens when an mp3 is clicked. You could even send the
file with cfcontent as long as you know the mime type to make it a bit
more automatic.

--
 jon
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]