> > > I am not the ONLY person that has complained about
> > > CFMX ODBX Problems, others here have reported the
> > > problem as well. Switching to a JDBC driver is not
> > > the answer to CFMX ODBC problems.
> >
> > It might be, actually. I would recommend that you try
> > it out, if you have a JDBC driver available. Sure, it
> > might be a pain, but why would you expect ODBC to
> > necessarily work as well from Java through JDBC as
> > it did with no extra middleware layer in CF 5?
>
> I got the JDBC driver working. The purpose of this whole
> post is to find out why the CFMX ODBC Agent/Server is
> not working/stable?
>
> I never saw any MM documentation saying that CFMX ODBC
> Connections are NOT Stable or NOT supposed to work.

Sure, but you might want to apply a bit of common sense. Macromedia isn't
going to say ODBC connections don't work, but they do say they won't work as
well as "pure" JDBC connections. Draw your own conclusions. The SequeLink
stuff (the ODBC Agent and Server) are a workaround for when you don't have
JDBC drivers, aren't they?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496