http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2003/February/browser.php

Stats from Internet.com and its suite of sites : 580020 out of 113973510
visitors in February this year had Opera x.x  That is 0.0051 percent of
browser usage.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_war.asp
Doesn't even list Opera, because its usage is less than 1%.

I'm not saying that its right that the MM site doesn't work with Opera, but
that your quote of 10% is wildly inaccurate.

It also begs the question, why does it not work in Opera?  I've got the site
working in IE5.5, Mozilla 1.1a and Nutscrape 4.7 crashed, but then that
hardly surprising given how bad it was at pretty much everything!

The only negative things I will say are (in no order of preference) :
1) why on earth is there an XHTML DOCTYPE in the site, when plainly its more
likely to be html4.01 - someone's been a bit overzealous with the selection
of the DOCTYPE in DWMX me thinks.... ;o)

2) It does take a little too long to Initialise, assemble and Process the
content, particularly on the home page when you first visit the site.

3) Why oh why is there cgi all over the place???  MM have got 2 server
technologies to show off as well as flash mx and there is no _visible_ use
of those technologies on the site and the cgi files make it look like you're
using perl!!!!!!

Stop being a whining troll Bill and get back to CF_Community.   ;oD

Please will everyone else please post their _constructive_ critism through
the feedback page here
(http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/mm_feedback.html) as Christian
politely requested before.

Regards