Hi

I am trying to implement the following and need some help in getting started
with the best approach. And can you see if my approach is flawed in any way
or not flexible enough

I have the following 3 tables in my Login/ Permissions/Workflow framework

Users - Groups - Permissions/Roles
````
Users would contain the individuals details such as Name,  Location,
Position, E-Mail, Username and Password

Groups would contain which section of the company that an individual is
from.  So for example you would have

Technical
Services
Support

Permissions/Roles would set what rights/access levels the individual has
shown below-

Writer - Can create articles and submit them for approval. Can only publish
their article to their group

Trusted Writer - Can create articles without approval from the editor.

Editor - Can create articles articles without approval, add appropriate
changes to the articles writers have added and approve articles to go live
or decline articles.

Admin - The same as an Editor but can also create new user accounts.

How can I set a condition so users logged in who have a permissions setting
of 'writer' has only the option from a form select field of publishing to
their own group e.g. 'Technical'

but if a user with a permissions setting of an trusted writer/editor is
logged in they have the option from the form select field of publishing to
their own group or all groups

e.g
Technical
All of the site