I'm working on a project that requires the values from quite a large form to
be stored in a DB, ready to be printed out. I'm just adding some fields -
I'm about 4/5 done and I've got 130+ already - and Access has told me it
can't save the table now cos there's too many fields defined!

The Access (I'm working with 2000) docs say the max number of fields per
table is 255. Any ideas? The field names are relatively long (so as to be
descriptive and prevent confusion in such a large form), but none of them
exceed the stated max of 64 chars. Plus, Access specifically says too many
fields - I was just wondering if there was a hidden "max total no. of chars
in all field names together"?!

The live server is MS SQL, I imagine that won't bugger about like Access,
but obviously I want to prototype it locally with Access. There's quite a
tight deadline and I don't fancy the prospect of working remotely at this
stage for quick development.

Any help or ideas really welcome!

thanks,

Gyrus