Greetings,

I've been fighting with user-input and special characters for days now,
I'm starting to get really frustrated.

Here's the scenario:

1. User enters data into a textarea field. This will usually contain
several special characters (?/{}[]|\">[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]&*,>
&*,<>?/{}[]|\-_+)(^)
2. I use URLEncodedFormat before sticking the data in my database table,
so I'm storing encoded data
3. I use URLDecode when retrieving the data into an HTML page to show
the data entered.

Here's the problem:

Data that begins with a special character doesn't display. Data that is
surrounded by " marks doesn't display
For example:

"This" line won't display in HTML
This line $ will display in HTML
This line "will not" display in HTML
$This line will not display in HTML

If I use HTMLEditFormat() I still can't see the items surrounded by "
marks and it also displays the URLEncodedFormat information so space =
%20 on screen in the HTML page.

How do I overcome this issue?

Thanks,

Joshua Miller
Head Programmer / IT Manager
Garrison Enterprises Inc.
www.garrisonenterprises.net <http://www.garrisonenterprises.net/>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(704) 569-9044 ext. 254

*************
except where the sender states them to be the views of
Garrison Enterprises Inc.

This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
advise us by return e-mail to
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]