are you using method="GET" in your form post????  If not, I see no reason to use
URLEncodedformat.  Use cfqueryparam to ensure data is escaped as needed on the way
into your DB.  When you display it, then use HTMLEditFormat or my previous suggestions
on replace...blah...blah...

the URLencode/decode are for passing data via URL.  Are you doing this?

Doug