Yes, thanks Dave, and the others who are giving me the benefit of their
experience in these things.  Dave I did see your advice about
rebuilding the system.  I took so long to build it the first time - only
a couple of months ago, that I really want to exhaust all the other
possibilities first.  That's a BIG job for me - not really up to speed
on XPPro things.   However I'm fast running out of other things to try.

This machine isn't just used for my web development. I have a really
tiny business - just me - this machine does a multitude of jobs for me,
my business, my family etc.  Rebuilding it isn't a trivial task, but as
I said, there aren't many other possibilities left to try.

Thanks for your suggestions, and thanks for giving a damn.

Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks.