> on 3/17/03 12:51 PM, Raymond Camden at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Available here...
> >
> > http://www.camdenfamily.com/morpheus/cf_preso.cfm
> >

> Wow, this is TRULY a great presentation, and I completely
> missed this one at devcon (I was way too concerned with
> trying to get a handle on the Dreamnweaver switch and
> learning Dreamweaver)
>
> So, with all this in mind, and knowing that I'm writing a
> CFMX secure application, are there any caveats about working
> in this way? And by "this way" I mean the CFMX way of doing
> secure applications?

Ah, well, there are a few... um.... "issues" with cflogin. I cover them
in my preso, but for those who don't download...

1) If you use cflogin.* to check for logins, idleTimeout ceases to
function.

2) There was a bug fixed in U2 as well, but I can't remember it now.

3) The bug with getAuthUser inside cflogin after cfloginuser.

I think the main issue is to avoid using cflogin.* to handle logins.
This means you can't easily go from form to Flash to URL based logins,
but it's not that hard to handle all of them anyway.

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Mindseye, Inc
Member of Team Macromedia (http://www.macromedia.com/go/teammacromedia)

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog     : www.camdenfamily.com/morpheus/blog
Yahoo IM : morpheus