> Well, I posted a message here about a month or two ago that
> didn't get
> much play, and then I proxied my message to the CFGURU list through
> another member there.  You tried valiantly to help there, but
> the end
> result was me giving up in frustration.

Ah -I thought it sounded a bit familiar. Sorry for forgetting!

[deletia]

> I am aware that after they logout the auth_user is still
> being passed
> by the browser.

What 'auth_user'? The result of getAuthUser() you mean?

> What I found happening wrong, is that when the idletimeout
> was set to
> anything other than 1, I could not log in a new user... even if I
> closed the browser and entered in brand new information in
> the server
> prompt.  In my application.cfm I transfer my session variables to
> request variables and these lines of code would throw an error...
> because the session variables were never set.

So, even if you logout - you can't login as someone else? Does your
logon form show up if you close your brower and return? Ie, the system
_at least_ know that you need to logon, but when you logon as B, it
thinks you are still A?

> But.
>
> If my idletimeout was set to something "normal" like say 500
> seconds,
> and after logout I closed my browser, entered brand new
> information in
> the server prompt and the user was not located in my database, they
> would see the "you failed" template as expected.

I'm confused. You said the situation was bad if idleTimeout was not 1,
yet 500 is not 1 either.

> This was very confusing, because if they could see the "you failed"
> template, there was no reason why the session variables wouldn't be
> set... it was all happening in the same block of code.  It's
> one simple
> <if> statment, you see?  The <else> condition worked
> perfectly when the
> original <if> condition obviously was not.

[Deletia]

Can you post the entire code block? Not everything of course, I don't
need to see the HTML of your logon form, but you get the idea.

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Mindseye, Inc
Member of Team Macromedia (http://www.macromedia.com/go/teammacromedia)

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog     : www.camdenfamily.com/morpheus/blog
Yahoo IM : morpheus