"Robertson-Ravo, Neil (RX)"
> Yep, just dont like to see people openly encouranging piracy....no
> offence
> of course :-)

I do not see anything wrong with d/l any software off #favorite.p2p#
to learn with.

Not that I am defending piracy... But I believe Microsoft(companies
in general) brings this on themseleves.  They are creating the black
market for illegal copies of  SQL Server.  They are criminalizing the
very people they want to use and learn their product: developers.  I
do not want a crippled copy of anything to learn on.

I like the model that Oracle has, if I am a member of their devolper
network I can donwload, install, test and develop on any of their
products as a developer.  Because of this I have learned more about
Oracle(than I really wanted to) and when consulting I recomend this
over SQL server everytime.  As long as I can't convince them to use
postgresql first ;)

As a developer/consultant I think companies should make it easier for
me to test and develop on their software. I think propriatary
software will have a hard time competeing in the future as open
source matures.  Developers-To-Be can download any open source
project and begin to learn without having to worry about licencing.
Their efforts will be concentrated on developing.  The harder
companies make it for developers to learn their software, the less
devopers they will have for their product over the long run.

didn't mean to rant, sorry
jason