> > > Is there a reason why the form.fieldnames field would not be
> > > passed in a form?
> > I vaguely seem to recall that in some versions of CF prior to
> > 4.5.x, if the ENCTYPE attribute of the form is set to
> > "multipart/form-data", which is what you'd use for file uploads,
> > FORM.FIELDNAMES wouldn't appear. Unfortunately, I can't test that
> > theory, since I'm running 4.5.1.
> That's what we're running as well.

Well then, I'm officially out of ideas. Is it possible that you're using
some wacky browser, like any Mac browser? They've caused interesting
problems in the past with difficulties in properly posting form data.

Typically, when I run into some anomaly like this, I might try looking at
the raw data being received by the server. You can use the Netcat utility to
do this; it should take about five minutes to see what data you're getting,
and compare it against what you should be getting. You can get Netcat at
http://www.l0pht.com/~weld/.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496