Matthew Walker wrote:

> Can you dimply do a global search and replace any "dbo." In your code
> with "" ?

My code doesn't have "dbo"... My code doesn't have anything except
tablename.field, and that's always worked on three dev servers and at
least three production servers before :) In fact, I've DTS'd entire
databases from production servers before and never come across this
problem...

> > > Now that I've created the new database and populated it with the
> > > data, the local code can only access those tables that are owned
> > > by dbo.  Trying to access one of Fred's tables results in "Base
> > > table not found".  Specifying the database name in the CFQUERY
> > > (ie select * from databasename.table) will make it work.
>
> Are you sure? What you're actually specifying there is owner.table .
> You'd need to write database.owner.table  to specify the database.
> (I'm guessing your username is the same as your database name?)

Ahhh... Of course, you're right. So maybe specifying the username is the
CF Administrator's connection string setting will work.

> If you right-click the table > all tasks > generate sql script >
> preview
>
> You can view the code required to generate the table. If you run this
> as a query in EM, you should get dbo as the owner I think. Then you
> can SELECT * INTO newTable FROM oldTable.
>
> Is this the best way? Probably not.

Ouch... I was hoping I could just run a stored proc :(

Thanks Matthew... I'm those few millimetres closer to getting this
sorted :)

K.