>Okay,we have been using soxml to return the content from UPS to a cf
>usable format.  Apparently this morning, they started sending everything
>with UTF-8 encoding in the xml doc.  This makes action=XML2CF puke with
>an encoding error.  Can anyone please point me to a workaround or how
>its been dealt with in your experience?

We just ran into this problem.

Our first kludge solution was to do a text replace on encoding="UTF-8" and replace it
with an empty string. This worked but, as I said, is a kludge.

The REAL solution is to edit the SOXML.cfm file and replace

<cfparam name="Attributes.ProgId" default="Microsoft.XMLDom">

with

<cfparam name="Attributes.ProgId" default="Msxml2.DOMDocument.4.0">

(This assumes, of course, that you're running version 4 of MSXML)

Alternately, of course, you can send ProgId as an attribute when you can cf_soxml.

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm