oi Stephen!!

but  I  gathered  from  his message(could be wrong... not first time) that cf was the
client logging
INTO  an  ftp  server,  right?  so  rights  has nothing to do with CF... it has
something to do with
permissions on the server.  I don't see how which account CFServer is setup as being a
factor..??

------------------------------------
Wednesday, June 11, 2003, 9:09:23 AM, you wrote:

>> oi Stephen!!
>>
>> if he's logging into an ftp server via cf... I wouldn't think that would
SM> matter, no?
>>
SM> Well the logging in is fine, but looking at the error message he gave it
SM> would indicate that CF doesn't have access to the file (c:\cfftptest.txt)
SM> that he wants to move.

SM> This isn't a function of the CFFTP tag, but of the user under which CF is
SM> being run.
SM> Best practice security says that you should run CF under a specific user
SM> which only has access to certain things (things being folders, files,
SM> registry entries etc), but even then I believe that SYSTEM has a restricted
SM> view on the world anyway.

SM> Stephen

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm