Guys (and gals),

I've been getting some performance problems with cfdirectory of recent.
Basically I have written a recursive directory listing function which
returns me a query of all the files below a certain folder.  This all seems
to work perfectly.

However, recently the number of files being found has reached approx 2000
causing this list process to take nearly a minute to run(!).  The
environment is CFMX on Win2K, reading directories on another machine on the
LAN. When reading local directories, it runs quite fast (~1 sec).

Thing is, does anyone know anything about how CFDIRECTORY works at a system
level??  I am trying to work out which is the best option available to
me..either upgrading the LAN between the two machines, or running some sort
of process on the machine hosting the files (some sort of .exe or maybe even
CFMX), or something else altogether.

TIA

Neil

resources for the community.