We have noticed the same thing.  We have an application where the user
enters a job number and using CFDIRECTORY we retrieve all of the files in
several directories that match a pattern using that job number.  We then
display a grid of record counts for the user to verify.  Once verified the
user can update our ERP database with counts so that the proper job
instructions can be generated.

My suspicion is that CF is opening and closing the network connection
several times during the CFDIRECTORY thus slowing down the function.

Just my $.02 worth.

Bill Grover
Supervisor MIS                  Phone:  301.424.3300 x3324
EU Services, Inc.               FAX:    301.424.3696
649 North Horners Lane          E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rockville, MD 20850-1299        WWW:    http://www.euservices.com

http://www.coolfusion.com