Another technique to try is using <cfscript>. Because none of your code in cfscript
generates any output (even whitespace), you can have easy-to read logic without
worrying about whitespace. Of course, when you do want to print some HTML you need to
use the WriteOutput() function. Again, you can control precisely what WriteOutput() is
printing.

This idea is really best, though, for an area with a significant amount of CFML and
not much generated HTML....

And also remember <cfsilent>, which does have much more limited usefulness but you may
find it useful for elminating whitespace, especially if you are using a lot of
cfincludes or a methodology such as Fusebox. It's particularly useful for "settings"
pages, like application.cfm.

Good luck

Mike Mertsock

>Don't do any indentation based on non-HTML tags.  That'll be a start.  The
>CFSAVECONTENT blocks will be more problemmatic, especially if you use a
>block multiple times, and it needs different indentation for each.  However,
>if you use them only once, or all uses need the same indentation, just make
>sure that's how they are indented when you create them.
>
><cfsavecontent var="header">
>   <th>Name</th>
>   <th>Date</th>
></cfsavecontent>

>#header#
><cfloop query="get">
></cfloop>
>#header#
>
>---
>Barney Boisvert, Senior Development Engineer
>AudienceCentral (formerly PIER System, Inc.)
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>voice : 360.756.8080 x12
>fax   : 360.647.5351
>
>www.audiencecentral.com