This may be related to your problem and will probably help others sending
HTML formatted messages...

We were sending HTML formatted e-mails to a distribution list.  When we
upgraded to CF4.5.1 (from 4.1 or something), all of the people who were on
this list using Lotus or Groupwise for their mail clients starting receiving
the messages as raw HTML code (no formatting).

We compared the headers from previous messages sent by CF4.1 and new
messages sent by CF4.5.1 and found the following omissions in the
messages...

<cfmailparam name="MIME-version" value="1.0">
<cfmailparam name="Content-Type" value="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<cfmailparam name="Content-Transfer-Encoding" value="7bit">

We added these to the messages (especially the MIME-version header) and the
problem was resolved.  So now we have to add these headers to every CFMAIL
tag we use that contains HTML formatted messages.

Hope this is helpful to anyone else having similar problems.

Kevin