> I know the client is running CF on NT4, so that's probably going to mean
> a new copy of CF at the least.  Their current CF/Chinese site uses
> GB2312 encoding, but all I can see is the html output.  I'm just the
> shadowy coding guy subcontracted by the designers.

well if they're using pre-mx cf then they had no choice but to use that.
also some CJK folks were reluctant to use unicode because some people think
unicode was some sort of western bid for control, that no CJK people were
involved in unicode committees, etc. which is all complete nonsense.

> When you say ''use unicode'' what exactly does that entail.

using unicode encoding everywhere instead of codepage, etc. stuff. all your
pages are UTF-8 & have a BOM and/or have cfprocessingdirective.  all your
form & url encoding is UTF-8. your db fully supports unicode datatypes (as
jochem mentioned unicode is quite new to mysql, and i should point out,
since i opened my yap about it, the 4.1 "release" is only alpha).

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com