can you store them as varchar and convert them on the fly?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Tangorre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 10:25 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: numbers too big

I have some really large number ranges that I need to store in a SQL Server
2K DB.

The numbers are of the following size:

range start
000000000000000000000000000000

range end
999999999999999999999999999999

That was one generic example. Basically the number represents a phone number
range and I have a range for each country in the world that has telephone
service. What would be the best way to store it these ranges so that I  can
run a query that says, select country name where #phoneNumber#  is within
the range.

I tried inporting the values in as bigints.. no dice, by the way this info
is coming in from an excel sheet.

Thanks,

Michael Tangorre

ColdFusion and related topics.