Michael Tangorre wrote:

> The numbers are of the following size:
>
> range start
> 000000000000000000000000000000
>
> range end
> 999999999999999999999999999999
>
> That was one generic example. Basically the number represents a phone number range
> and I have a range for each country in the world that has telephone service. What
> would be the best way to store it these ranges so that I  can run a query that says,
> select country name where #phoneNumber#  is within the range.

Check out ITU E.123 and ITU E.164 (free download from the ITU website)
for the official format of a phone number. Once you have it stored in
the official format, it should be a piece of cake.

IIRC, the format is: "+cc area phone", with cc the countrycode and cc +
area + phone having a maximum of 15 digits together (so with the + and
the 2 spaces a field should be a varchar(18)). Storing phone numbers in
this way will also make cross domain usage in the future much easier.

Jochem

Host with the leader in ColdFusion hosting.
Voted #1 ColdFusion host by CF Developers.
Offering shared and dedicated hosting options.
www.cfxhosting.com/default.cfm?redirect=10481