Dave, clearly, if you're at CFMX already, we're not a solution for you.  And
again we're not even seeking to draw people away from Macromedia CF (though
some may paint it that way). Let me say it again: our main focus is to
provide important CFML deployment solutions for those who need them.
Clearly, they're going to be of interest to mostly (for now) companies
currently at 4.5 or 5, but who for one reason or another can't or won't be
going to CFMX.

Our primary scenario is folks whose management has said "thou shalt not
install any more CF servers" (which means neither CF 4/5/MX nor BlueDragon
Server or Server JX). That's usually because they're also saying "we're
moving to J2EE (or .NET)". For most, the natural conclusion is that the CFML
code has to be ditched or migrated to JSP/servlets (or ASP.NET). We say,
"don't rewrite, redeploy". With our J2EE and .NET solutions, you just copy
and paste the CFML code into the appropriate form (a J2EE web app in J2EE to
be deployed on a J2EE server, or an IIS directory setup to process CFML
through BlueDragon in .NET).

I'd also like to say that while your stance on CF vs .NET is typical of what
most of us CFML fans have felt for so long about ASP, it may be time for
reconsideration. It's really no longer about CFML vs ASP. Indeed, the .NET
framework is MUCH more than just a way to run ASPs. It's akin to Java in
scope and depth. There will be things we can leverage in CFML via
BlueDragon/.NET in much the same way that CFMX and BlueDragon's
implementation on J2EE opened new doors there as well (in ways that many
still are just learning). See several articles I did last year and this year
before joining New Atlanta showing how to leverage J2EE features
(server-side redirects, servlet filters, JSP custom tags, J2EE sessions, and
more).

Further, ASP.NET is really quite different from ASP. Before dismissing it so
readily (as we've all become accustomed to do), it may be worth a little
more consideration on its own merits.

Finally, integration with ASP.NET doesn't need to be an either/or
proposition. We'll give you the power to either just run your CFML apps
there, or integrate, or if you choose later, rewrite.

/charlie

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com