On Sunday, Jun 15, 2003, at 09:55 US/Pacific, Dave Carabetta wrote:
> I think the problem is that I'm exploding the cfusion.war file
> into the root directory of the server (which, without MX and the
> default-ear
> directories, only has the SERVER-INF directory)

Yes, you need to create a cfusion directory in the 'reisse' server
directory and unpack cfusion.war inside there. Looks like my steps
missed that out but they are in the installation notes - sorry about
that:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/j2ee/phase2-jrun4-
deploy.html

"4. Create a new directory under your server instance named cfusion.
This directory will become the context root that the ColdFusion MX is
deployed into; for example, /opt/jrun4/servers/default/cfusion.
5. Create a new directory under your server instance name CFIDE (all
uppercase). This directory will become the context root that the RDS
application is deployed into; for example,
/opt/jrun4/servers/default/CFIDE.
6. If you have not already done so, open a console window, navigate to
the cfusion directory that you created in the previous step, and
uncompress the cfusion.war file with the following command (or with
WinZip):

jar -xvf install_directory/cfusion.war

7. Navigate to the CFIDE directory and uncompress the rds.war file with
the following command:

cd ../CFIDE
jar -xvf install_directory/rds.war"

Hopefully that will get you to here:
>> In the JMC, drill into the cfmx server instance and the ColdFusion
>> Application and change the context root to / - it should redeploy
>> successfully.

Again, sorry I missed out that key step...

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood

ColdFusion and related topics.