Howdy -

I have a client who wanted to convert a number of Word-created forms to
PDF's and put them up on their site.  No sweat.  Then, they wanted the user
to be able to fill out form fields and have Acrobat do all the math, and
they could print out a nice, cleanly filled-out form to sign and fax.
Again, no problem at all.

Now, however, they'd like to take the final step and have fully interactive
PDF's - where certain dynamic fields are populated from database
information, and the user can "submit" the PDF like they would any other web
form and have CF process it accordingly.

I've looked at ActivePDF, but before I dive into that, I wanted to send out
some feelers to the group to see if anyone's worked with that with CF5
before.  Money's not an object (to a point), so if there's a particularly
awesome package there I should look into, I'm open to some suggestions.  I
am fiddling with XSL:FO syntax right now, but it's not exactly what I'm
looking for, since I have to work off a previously-existing document (and I
don't have a great deal of time to really get elbow-deep in *yet another*
XML spec.)  :)

Thanks,

- Jim

http://www.coolfusion.com