I think someone from MM may want to clarify this thoroughly for you, Mr. D.,
but assuming you're asking about the difference between CF Studio 5 and HS+,
I'll share my observations.

As I discuss in the article, there's been a change in the way you can
manipulate the toolbars and resource windows (where the database tab, files
tab, etc. are located). In the base HS+ version distributed with DWMX, you
couldn't manipulate them at all. Now, as of the HS+ updater (see the
article), you can at least move them around, but not in the same way you
could in CF Studio. It's all due to an Adobe lawsuit around the time of the
release of HS+ (with DWMX). At least that's my understanding.

For some, the challenges of that toolbar/resource window manipulation is a
bother, even with the updater fixes. I've never quite gotten the enthusiasm
for it, so I never even missed it before the updater. But people get
attached to their IDEs and being able to mold them to their style.

Other differences are that the CFML manuals are not in the Help tab. As I
point out in the article, you can at least download the CFMX CFML reference
manual to add it, and if one has Studio you could easily figure out how to
copy the other manuals into the C:\Program Files\Macromedia\HomeSite+\Help
directory and manipulate the booktree.xml file in that directory. A file in
the download of the CFMX Ref manual discusses making such changes.

Other than that, HS+ seems to me to be just the same as CF Studio 5. If
others have noted differences, let us know.

I'll add that if one is still using CF Studio 4.5, it's worth upgrading to
get things that were introduced in CF Studio 5 (and that roll into HS+),
such as the second Files tab, the ability to right-click on a CFINCLUDE or
CFMODULE and open the file it points to, the "split current window" button
in the buttons to the left of the edit window (the "editor toolbar"), and
more. For more on that "editing referenced files" feature, see
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/server_archive/articles/editing_referenced_
files_hscf.html.

See the release notes for Studio 5 at
http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/releasenotes/5/studio/releaseno
tes_5.htm for more. Sadly, the link offered there for "new features"
(http://www.macromedia.com/software/coldfusionstudio/productinfo/newfeatures
/) is a file that no longer exists. And I didn't see any reference to what
was new in Studio 5 in the "Using Studio" book at livedocs.macromedia.com.

I'll add that the HS+ release notes
(http://www.macromedia.com/support/homesite/releasenotes/plus/releasenotes_p
lus.html) offer a couple other minor differences introduced in HS+ over CF
Studio.

And as for the updater (to HomeSite + 5.2), see
http://www.macromedia.com/support/homesite/releasenotes/plus/releasenotes_pl
us_52.html.

I'd also like to clarify that someone wrote me off-list to say that you
indeed purchase HomeSite 5.2. That's correct. You can. But you cannot
purchase HomeSite+. HomeSite+ has the same differences from the base
HomeSite product that CF Studio did. HomeSite and HomeSite+ are different
products.

/charlie

ColdFusion and related topics.