From: Andrew S. Peterson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 13:51
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Do CFCs cache?

If I go into a cfc and modify a function, save it, reload the page that
calls it, the page that does the calling still pulls up the old version of
the function that existed before I made the changes. For instance, if I call
a function called getEntries but modify the code within getEntries, the
calling page does not recognize any of the changes. Further, I renamed a
function getEntries to getEntriesX and refreshed the page again that calls
getEntries, and I did NOT get the error that getEntries was not found, until
I restart the server, then I get the error message that getEntries was not
found (since I renamed it). In effect, the page does not recognize any
changes to my cfc until I reboot the server or service. It makes for some
awkward debugging to say the least, since none of my changes ever take
effect.

I've tried this on multiple servers with the same issue. Is it a compile
thing? Am I the only one who doesn't know about this? :-)

Sincerely,

Andrew

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com