>You can do this:

><cfcookie name="foo" value="myval" domain=".mydomain.com;mydomain.com">

>It worked for me.

Dave,

That didn't work for me on CFv4.01... IEv5 still lost the cookie when
going from "humankindsystems.com" to "www.humankindsystems.com" (our SSL
subdomain). Even worse, Netscape v4.7 couldn't get the cookie at all.

So, I added this to the very top of our Application.cfm file (Bud, you
may want to do this as a workaround, too):

<script language="JavaScript"><!--
if (document.URL.indexOf("www.humankindsystems.com")==-1){
  document.location.href = "http://www.humankindsystems.com";
  }
//-->
</script>

Works like a charm. Now, whether you get there with
"humankindsystems.com", or even "hksi.net" (our shorter version, which
we use for email addresses), the page reloads with the full name and all
cookies work, even when going to the secure server, on IE and NS.

Ron Allen Hornbaker
President/CTO
Humankind Systems, Inc.
http://humankindsystems.com