From: Michael T. Tangorre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 10:59 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CF & Flash (crazy idea?)

Hi everyone.

I have an idea and need to know if it is within the capabilities of Flash
and CF. What I would like to do is provide an interface for users to come
to, where they can create forms and position the form elements and element
labels wherever they wish (within a maximum area). How I envision this
working would be to provide within the interface an area that contained a
list of possible form elements to choose from (text input, text area, radio,
check). When a user dragged one of these into the "form area" they could
give it a label and fill in the attributes of that element as well as
position the element and its label wherever they wanted (within the bounds
of course). Now for the crazy part...

Would it be possible to take that Flash movie that the user interacted with
to create the initial form and process it into an HTML form where the layout
was almost identical if not exactly identical to how it was created via the
Flash interface (from a positioning and layout standpoint)? I was thinking
maybe there are some functions in flash to get element coordinates, etc...

The idea would be that this form could be used within an HTML email or
website to gather user feedback. The second part would be to build some kind
of container on the backend whereas those results/responses could be stored.

Obviously this is a complex idea, one in which is beyond the scope of my
abilities at this time.

Anyone have thoughts, ideas, technologies to look at, etc... ?

Mike

http://www.coolfusion.com