>I can't see what this security issue has to do with SE
> friendly URLs, please explain?

To make SES urls work (i.e. foo.cfm/parm/value) you have to shut OFF the setting for
"verify that pages exist" in IIS.

If you do that, you open yourself up to the exploit described at Bugtraq, where
certain types of requests will reveal the true web root on the server.

For that reason, MM issued the warning they did, copied at the BugTraq site.  The
warning said "don't do that" which more or less killed that widely used technique,
unless you have a site-wide error handler that handles CF 404's, in which case you're
safe.

However I *think* the SW errhandler only protected you pre-mx.  my memory is way hazy
on this point and may be dead wrong.

 Matt Robertson,     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 MSB Designs, Inc. http://mysecretbase.com