Ryan,

I've had tons of success with coding my applications so that I can go
into the admin and write out the site in static HTML. Most of the big
search engines are getting better at being able to crawl dynamic sites,
but they crawl like mad when it's good ole static HTML text.  Also, make
sure you don't have any broken links... If you can offer any
affiliate-type marketing partnerships, you will be able to easily boost
your page rank and link popularity because of how many people will
highlight your site in an effort to earn commissions. What I do with my
affiliate programs is that I pay very good commissions, but I only offer
the program to sites with very high page ranking and newsletters with
good reach. If you do this, make sure you lay down the law about how
your partners are NOT allowed to promote your products or services. You
certainly don't want an affiliate bringing DOWN your reputation.

One of the other things that you can do to help yourself out is to
dedicate significant sections of your site to useful content. If your
site is concerned with selling aftermarket Harley Davidson parts,
provide as much useful information on HD motorcycles, customizing and
riding culture... writing your own articles and syndicating as much
content as you can from elsewhere. We all know there are plenty of
sources on the internet without even having to plagiarize. The more
real, informative content you have on your site, the better you will
rank naturally (just be sure to keep it all neatly organized).

--Ferg

  _____

I know this is a little off topic, but does anyone have any specific
techniques they use to get the most out of thier listing in Search
engines?

Other than, the title tag, the amount of times the words are listed in
the page etc, submitting to search engines directly, as well as having
many links to your site as possible from other sites.

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks