Yeah, for that scenario, performance would be worse, but I've rarely written
template that didn't do the queries first, logic second, display third,
usually broken out into separate templates.  But anyway.

The reason I ask is because the app I'm working on was written with MySQL
using MyISAM tables, which don't support transactions, only table locks.
Locks are tied directly the connection that's issuing the statements, so
need to ensure that each request gets exactly one connection, and that no
other requests use that connection until the request is finished.  Not a
good design from the creator, but such is life.  Moving to a transactional
table is something we're working towards, but the app code is still screwed
up enough that we have more important things to do than waste x number of
hours configuring a new server with a transactional table handler,
developing a script to migrate the tables, and then scan the code base for
any queries that won't work on the new table handler.  Short version:
transactions aren't available to me right now.

For the second point, I don't care what the current release does, I want to
know what CF's defined behaviour is, if it has one.  If it happens to right
now, but it's not specified behaviour and changes later (like in redsky here
in a couple months), that's not going to have done me any favors.

No, I'm not pissy, just annoyed that I had to spend the last hour and a half
building a cubicle, rather than going home and firing up the BBQ on this
gorgeous friday evening.  Any undertones indicating that are purely
incidental, and not tied to the topics at hand.

barneyb

---
Barney Boisvert, Senior Development Engineer
AudienceCentral
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice : 360.756.8080 x12
fax   : 360.647.5351