> Can anyone give me an official answer to this question
> (unspecified is a valid answer, of course):
>
> Do all queries from a single request use the same database
> connection?
>
> Obviously that's assuming all queries are to the same
> datasource.

Yes, to the best of my knowledge, assuming the default configuration options
in the CF Administrator also.

> If the answer is yes, what about this question:
>
> Can multiple requests pass queries over the same database
> connection in a mixed order (request1query1 the
> request2query1, request1query2)?

I don't know. I would assume not, but that's just an assumption. My
assumption is that database connections are held by a page until that page
is complete, then released back to the connection pool where they can then
be reused.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496