Hi,

> From: Hagan, Ryan Mr (Contractor ACI)
> Out of curiosity, what is the problem with limiting each session to the
same
> box on a load-balanced system?  We use a web farm here and we restrict
each
> session to only one box with no problems.  I don't really see this as much
> of a constraint and it certainly makes the programming a lot easier.  I'm
> programmer, not a system admin, and I really don't understand the
> complexities of these systems.  Can anyone enlighten me?

Basically that is Sticky Sessions. The only problem with this is if you
establish a session on box1, and box1 fails you loss your session state. If
you are using cluster wide sessions, your session can just continue on
another box. Thats the main difference.
This may or may not be an issue, depending on your spec...

> Our biggest problem with the web farm is making sure all the production
> boxes stay synchronized.  We've been using suresync to keep everything
> running happily along with very few problems.

Agreed. WG.

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm