I think with a lot of features of CF such as cfform, cftable, and cfinsert
they're handy until you want to do something a little different then you
have to start from scratch, and rewrite what you've already got. Many
developers eventually become frustrated with these tags and either use lower
level tags such as cfquery or roll their own custom tag solutions, or use
third party, customisable products.

I think the number one reason people abandon cfform is that they need server
side validation of the data. Fundamentally, server side validation is
generally the primary focus. Client side should be an after thought -- it's
a usability and maybe performance enhancement rather than an app security
issue. I note CF provides some server side validation using form field name
suffixes and I think supplementary fields. I don't know if anybody at uses
this -- well, I don't, but I guess that's not really statistics.

But I think if you're still getting good value out of these tags then go for
it. Change comes from within. ;-)

I think the primary reason they are provided in CFMX is because they have
been provided in previous versions. One would like to hope that if MACR were
adding form tags to CFMX from scratch they'd provide something more
sophisticated.

Matthew Walker
Electric Sheep Web
http://www.electricsheep.co.nz/