From: S. Isaac Dealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 4:18 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: re: Mach-II

Yep... I wasn't really in touch with where you folks were in that
process (finishing the beta, getting documentation done, etc.)... I
wasn't griping -- I had just noticed several people point to
http://beta.fusebox.org and had the impression that this response was
roughly equivalent of:

Q. Can you explain relativity to me?
A. Relativity is relative.

:)

I'll admit that until I read something specifically about converting
mach-ii apps to other languages my basic reaction to the addition and
application of the xml was to think it was gratuitous -- i.e. xml for
the sake of xml instead of xml for the sake of meeting a goal. Though in
retrospect it makes sense if you're trying to create an architecture
that makes it easier to port applications to disparate languages.

Isaac

--- Hal Helms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hopefully, by the time we launch Mach-II, we'll have time to write a
> much more accessible guide. Without some sample code to work with,
> we're left with speaking in abstractions that, while true, are not
> real helpful as far as providing specifics.
>
> Hal Helms
> "Java for CF Programmers" class
> in Las Vegas, August 18-22
> www.halhelms.com

=====
S. Isaac Dealey                     972.490.6624

Lead Architect Tapestry CMS  http://products.turnkey.to

Tapestry API is Open Source  http://www.turnkey.to/tapi

Team Macromedia Volunteer  http://www.macromedia.com/go/team

resources for the community.