> Microsoft SQL Server tends to be the most used by CFers simply because
> most use Windows, and the admin UI is great, most of your SQL will work
> as is (and Access to SQL Server migration is good), but SQL Server is
> not cheap.

Hmm I've never heard SQL Server Enterprise Manager as great before.
Diabolical is the word that springs to my mind. One interesting thing is
that you can use Access as a front end for the SQL Server database, which
can be useful (doesn't replace EM but it's interesting).

Here are perhaps two of the major difference between Access and SQL Server:
SQL Server uses bit instead of a Boolean like Access's Yes/No -- so you need
to change any true/falses to 1/0. Now() becomes getdate() and any queries
involving date functions will need to be rewritten.

> There are other options too, but these 3 prob account for almost all CF
> installations.

Another popular choice is PosgreSQL. This dbms include really cool geometric
data types which would be handy if you're doing anything with land areas or
stuff like that.

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com