You mentioned earlier that 'I've added the database via Data Sources (ODBC)
under the System DSN tab using the SQL Server driver. I did a test and it
passed.'
Have you checked that the data source is working/valid using CF admin?

You could also try to see if it's only that table where the error is
occuring or if its other queries run through cf too. - I assume that as it's
a check login function it runs before pretty much any other code?

Alex

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com